Clients are discouraged from having their therapist subpoenaed. Keep in mind even though you are responsible for the fee for testimony, it does not mean that our testimony will be solely in your favor. We can only testify to the facts of the case and to our professional opinion.
The follow fees are subject to change without notice
- Preparation time (including submission of records and preparation of court reports and letters): $250/hour
- Phone calls: $250/hour
- Depositions: $250/hour
- Time required in giving testimony: $250/hour
- Mileage: $0.40/mile
- Time away from office due to depositions or testimony: $250/hour
- All attorney fees and costs incurred by the therapist as a result of the legal action.
- Filing a document with the court: $100
- The minimum charge for a court appearance: $1500
A retainer of $1500 is due two weeks in advance. If a subpoena or notice to meet attorney(s) is received without a minimum of 48-hour notice there will be an additional $250 “express” charge. Also, if the case is reset with less than 72 business hours notice, then the client will be charged $500 (in addition to the retainer of $1500).